Imagine you’re craving to have your favorite double-cheese pizza but you’re made to eat mayonnaise vegetable sandwich. What would you do? You might eat under pressure but would that satisfy your taste buds? Would that make your soul contented? Certainly Not!
Well, in real life, you might often end up compromising in minor things like eating your favorite stuff, but when it comes to choosing a life of your choice, compromises really don’t work for long.
“Don’t worry about what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
Every individual on the earth has a purpose to fulfill and a path to walk-on. Some might realize it early while some might take their entire life in finding it.
If you’re among those who have already realized the purpose of their lives, tie your shoelaces and start making efforts in the direction to fulfill it.
However, if you’re among those who are still struggling amongst the darkness, don’t lose heart. You too have a purpose; it’s just about finding it timely.
Check out these 5 tips that will help you discover your passion in life.
- Enlist your Things of Interest– The first thing when it comes to finding your purpose is to identify the things you actually love and enjoy doing. Now, you might get perplexed since there can be numerous things that gives you happiness. That’s completely fine! Simply, take a pen and paper and just start listing them out. Think of all those things that you love doing, be it eating, travelling, writing, singing, dancing, etc., and create your “Love List”. Once you’re done with this, just see how all these interesting pieces might link to the work you are meant to do in your life. Be open and honest to yourself and let your insight run wild.
- Step into the Past – Our past experiences can help us build our future. This is so true! All those things that we have been through in our past become a fraction of our tapestry, i.e., our purpose. Think for a while and analyze what part of your past do you feel passionate about? And you’ll surely get a clue about your Passion and Purpose mystery.
- Focus on the fun – As an adult, we often wrapped up in the anticipations we set for ourselves. Play like a child and allow your imagination to guide you. Feel that happiness you used to as a child in whatever you do. Just tap your inner child and get dreamy again. It’s time to ignite your creativity. Think from your heart once again and get out of your head for a while. Relive the old-fashioned fun. Once you start doing this, you’ll find your top ‘aha’ moments, which in turn, will help you come up with amazing ideas and will lead you to your purpose, ultimately.
- Feel your individuality – Just like we all have unique face, genes and traits, we also have our individuality. This is because we all are here for a reason. Each one of us has a unique mix of skills, talents, strengths, wisdom, and creativity. Also, we all have something unique to offer. Hence, learn to accept what and who you are. Accept your uniqueness and you’ll certainly end-up at a conclusion that would come out as your purpose in life.
- Develop Confidence – When you repeatedly tell yourselves you can’t, you’d end up doing nothing. This negativity kills your faith on yourself. Discovering your passion isn’t a game of one day, it takes time to find what you’re here for. Hence, having confidence on yourself is very important. Keep patience and trust yourself. You might fall, but you won’t ever succeed if you don’t believe in yourself. So, keep your faith high and keep moving.